UHF-R Wireless Systems
UHF-R Wireless Systems
Flagship networkable wireless technology used by professionals all over the world.
- UHF-R incorporates automatic frequency selection, transmitter sync and smart menu-driven system functionality for intuitive and fast setup.
- Up to 2400 selectable frequencies across an ultra-wide 60 MHz bandwidth provide superior capability to respond to changing or unpredictable RF conditions.
- UHF-R Wireless features Shure patented Audio Reference Companding for crystal-clear sound beyond the limits of conventional wireless technology.
- UHF-R is available with the premium KSM9 Dual-Diaphragm Wireless Transmitter.
- UR1M Micro-Bodypack Transmitter is also available with UHF-R.
- Get the latest version of the Wireless Workbench software.
Headsets – for use with UR1, UR1M and UR1H bodypack transmitter
Lavaliers – for use with UR1, UR1M and UR1H bodypack transmitter
Instrument Options – for use with UR1, UR1M and UR1H bodypack transmitter
Frequency ranges and power output for the transmitters
* Primary UK frequency version covering Channel 38. Usable now and after the 2012 switchover.
** Can be used after 2012 switchover if tuned to licence free deregulated spectrum (863-865) ONLY.
Channel 38 switchover information and helpline 01992 703038
Please note that a valid license is required to operate wireless equipment in Channel 38. Contact JFMG at www.jfmg.co.uk for details.
System technical specifications
- Compatible systems per frequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary band (up to): 60
- Selectable frequencies: 3200
- Auto Setup Features: Scan/Group Scan/Sync
- Audio Reference Companding: Yes
- Included Antennas: Remoteable 1/2-wave
- Antenna Options: Yes
- Receiver Network Ability: Integrated
- PC Control: Yes
- Rack Hardware: Integrated
- Case: Transmitter Case
- Transmitter Display: Backlit multi-function LCD
- Receiver Display: Multi-function LCD + LEDs
- Battery, Endurance: Depending on transmitter and RF-power settings
Further Technical Specs
- RF Carrier FrequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary Range: 470-865 MHz, depending on region
- Working Range: UR1, UR2, UR1M: 150 m (500 ft.), under typical conditions, 500 m (1600 ft) line-of-sight, outdoors for a single system
- NOTE: Actual working range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference
- Audio Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: 40 – 18,000 Hz,(+1 dB, –3 dB).
- NOTE: Overall system frequency responseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary depends on the microphone element
- Gain Adjustment Range
- UR1, UR1M: –20 to +35 dB
- UR2: –10 to +20 dB
- Modulation: FM (45 kHz max. deviation), compander system with pre- and de-emphasis
- RF Power Output
- See table above.
- Dynamic RangeThis is the difference between the queitest and loudest sound that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: >105 dB, A-weighted
- Image Rejection: >110 dB typical
- RF SensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary
- –110 dBm Typical: 12 dB SINAD
- –105 dBm Typical: 30 dB SINAD
- –107 dBm Typical: 12 dB SINAD
- –102 dBm Typical: 30 dB SINAD
- Spurious Rejection: >90 dB typical
- Ultimate Quieting (ref. 45 kHz deviation): >100 dB, A-weighted
- Signal Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on XLR output pin 2 with respect to XLR pin 3 and on the tip of the 1/4-inch output jack.
- System Distortion (ref. ± 45 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): <0.3% Total Harmonic DistortionTotal Harmonic Distortion is a measure of how much electrical noise a device produces. Read moreGo to the glossary typical
- Power Requirements
- UR1, UR2: Two 1.5V AA batteries
- UR1M: Two 1.5V AAA alkaline, lithium primary, and NiMH batteries
- UR4: 100 to 240 Vac, 50/60 Hz
- Current Drain
- UR1, UR2: 180 mA max. (normal RF power setting)
- 240 mA max. (high RF power setting)
- UR1M: 130 mA max. at 3V (normal RF power setting)
- 200 mA max. at 3V (high RF power setting)
- UR4D, UR4S: 0.8 Amps max.
- Battery Life (Typical): UR2: 9.5 hours (low power), 6 hours (high power)
- Operating Temperature Range: –18° to +57° C (0° to +135° F)
- NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range
- NOTE: Electrical safety approval is based on a maximum ambient temperature of 35°C (95°F).
- Overall Dimensions
- UR1: 98 mm L x 60 mm W x 17 mm D (3.84 x 2.38 x 0.66 in.)
- UR1M: 49 mm L x 60 mm W x 17 mm D (1.9 x 2.38 x 0.66 in.)
- UR2/SM58: 261 mm L x 51 mm Dia. (10.27 x 2 in.)
- UR2/SM86: 261 mm L x 51 mm Dia. (10.27 x 2 in.)
- UR2/SM87A: 254 mm x 51 mm Dia. (10 x 2 in.)
- UR2/BETA 58: 258 mm L x 51 mm Dia. (10.15 x 2 in.)
- UR2/BETA 87A, UR2/BETA 87C: 254 mm x 51 mm Dia. (10 x 2 in.)
- UR2/KSM9/BK, UR2/KSM9/SL: 250 mm x 49 mm Dia. (9 7/8 x 15/16 in.)
- UR4S/UR4D: 44 mm H x 483 mm W x 366 mm D (1.72 x 19.00 x 14.39 in.)
- Net Weight
- UR1: 97 g (3.4 oz.) without battery
- UR1M: 62 g (2.2 oz.) without batteries
- UR2/SM58: 356 g (12.6 oz.) without battery
- UR2/BETA 58: 314 g (11.1oz.) without battery
- UR2/SM86: 317 g (11.2 oz.) without battery
- UR2/SM87A: 298 g (10.5 oz.) without battery
- UR2/BETA 87A, U2/BETA 87C: 325 g (11.5 oz) without battery
- UR2/KSM9/BK, UR2/KSM9/SL: 410 g (14.4 oz.) without battery
- UR4S: 4.8 kg (10.6 lbs)
- UR4D: 5.0 kg (11.0 lbs)
- UR1, UR1M: Cast magnesium
- UR2: Aluminum die-cast handle and aluminum machined battery cup
- UR4S, UR4D: Galvanized steel
Shure Wireless Workbench 6 software is the most comprehensive wireless system control available. It provides a rich interface to manage every facet of a performance over the network, from pre-show planning to live performance monitoring.