PSM 900 In-Ear Personal Monitoring System
PSM 900 In-Ear Personal Monitoring System
The PSM 900 In-Ear Personal Monitoring System offers clear audio quality and robust RF performance for pro applications.
- System Features
- Frequency Versions
- Opt. Accessories
CueMode* – Instantly listen to any stage mix
This feature allows for auditioning of up to 20 different mixes on a single bodypack at the touch of a button. Simply hear what the performer hears, without the need for any additional equipment.
Scan and Sync – Find channels easily and immediately
Scan the RF environment and assign an identified group and channel to a system over wireless IR link within seconds.
RF Mute Switch – The "Do Not Disturb" RF button
Ideal for festivals and multi-venue events, the front-panel RF mute switch on the P9T transmitter enables or disables RF transmission, allowing setup operation without disrupting the RF environment.
Clear and accurate audio quality
- Patented Audio Reference Companding sounds more like wired
Robust RF performance
- Precision front-end RF filtering, the same found in industry-leading UHF-R wireless systems, significantly reduces RF interference for a cleaner, stronger RF signal, fewer dropouts, and less audible artifacts
- Exceptional transmitter linearity vastly reduces frequency intermodulation, allows up to 20 compatible channels per frequency range
- Auto RF gain control prevents signal distortion due to RF overload before it can affect performance
Innovative setup and operation features
Frequency ranges and power output of the transmitter
|Band||Frequency Range||Output Power|
|G6E||470 - 506 MHz||10/50 mW|
|G7E||506 - 542 MHz||10/50 mW|
|K1E||596 - 632 MHz||10/50 mW|
|L6E||656 - 692 MHz||10/50 mW|
|P7||702 - 742 MHz||10/50 mW|
|Q15||750 - 790 MHz||10/50 mW|
|R21||790 - 806 MHz||10/50 mW|
|R22||790 - 830 MHz||10/50 mW|
Optional: all transmitters can be modified to 100 mW RF-Output power
- Environment: Medium to large stages
- RF Output Power: Switchable: 10, 50, 100 mW (+20 dBm) (regionally dependent)
- Operating Distance: Up to 90m
- Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: 35 Hz - 15 kHz
- Harmonic distortion: <0,8%
- Signal-to-noise-ratio: 90 dB (A) typical
- Compatible Systems per band (up to): 20
- Transmitter Inputs: 2x XLR/6,3 mm combo, mic/line level
- Transmitter Outputs: 2x 6,3 mm outputs
- Wired Bodypack Option: No
- Personal Mix Control: On transmitter
- Remoteable Transmitter: Yes
- Battery Life: 2 AA, 5-7 h
- Further technical specifications:
PSM 900 System
- RF Carrier Range: 470 – 952 MHz (regionally dependent)
- Tuning Bandwidth: 36 MHz – 40 MHz (regionally dependent)
- Companding: Patented Shure Audio Reference Companding
- Spurious Rejection (ref. 12 dB SINAD): >80 dB (typical)
- FrequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary Stability: ±2.5 ppm
- MPX Pilot Tone: 19 kHz (±0.3 kHz)
- Modulation: FM, MPX Stereo (±34 kHz deviation, nominal)
- Operating Temperature: -18°C – +57°C
P9RA Bodypack Receiver
- Front-End RF Filtering: –3 dB point 30.5 MHz from center frequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary
- Active RF Gain Control: 31 dB (adjusts RF sensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary to provide more RF dynamicDynamic mics have a simple, rugged construction and can handle very high sound pressure levels.Read moreGo to the glossary range)
- RF SensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary (20 dB SINAD): 2.2 μV
- Squelch Threshold (±3 dB SINAD): 22 dB SINAD
- Adjacent Channel Rejection: >70 dB
- Intermodulation Attenuation: >50 dB
- Blocking: >80 dB
- Image Rejection: >90 dB
- Audio Output Power (1kHz @ <1% distortion, peak power, @32Ω): 100 mW
- Minimum Load ImpedanceThis describes how resistant an electrical circuit is to the flow of electricity passing through it.Read moreGo to the glossary: 9.5 Ω
- High Boost Selectable: +3 dB, +6 dB @ 10 kHz
- Dimensions: 99 mm x 66 mm x 23 mm
- RF Output ImpedanceThis describes how resistant an electrical circuit is to the flow of electricity passing through it.Read moreGo to the glossary: 50 Ω (typical)
- Net Weight: 850 g
- Dimensions: 197 mm x 166 mm x 42 mm
- Power Requirement (RF on, 100 mW power mode, no audio): 415 mA, typical
- Audio Media Live Sound Supplement, September 2010: Shure PSM900 in-ear monitoring systems are used for TV’s Jools Holland Show. See full case study
- "the hardest thing with the PSM900 is knowing if they're actually switched on. They're so clean and so crisp that they almost feel as if they have a gate on them. There's complete isolation and just… nothing!"
Andrew Dobbins, Tour Manager of Passion Pit
- "We had the chance to try PSM 900 prototypes on the Daltrey tour. Roger and I both think they sound incredible, and they have been absolutely flawless for us.
Simon Higgs, Monitor Engineer for The Who
- "It sounds fantastic, and it’s clearly been designed to make life easy for monitor engineers"
Monty Carlo, Monitor Mixer for Slash
- "I am very impressed by the new PSM900 system. The sound quality is superb, and the whole package is very well built. The thing that really sets it apart from everything else on the market though is the new 'CUEMODE' system on it. Using a beltpack in 'CUE' mode I can dial in to any performers monitor mix and listen to exactly what they are hearing. If I stand next to them I can even experience the same RF patterns as they are. It is a real game changer. After our first gig with PSM900 IEM, the band came off stage with multiple members stating it was the best on stage sound they have ever had. I am completely sold, they are on our rider from this point on!"
Simon Ryder, Soul II Soul Monitor Engineer
- "The on stage sound had cleared up so much by going to IEMs that I was able to 'finesse' my mix in a way that I have never been able to before. It was almost like mixing them in the studio"
Brandon Knights, Soul II Soul FOH Engineer
SBC-DC connects a PS41 Power Supply to an SB900-compatible bodypack, powering it and enabling continuous operation without batteries.PS41 sold separately.
For use with P9RA and P10R Wireless Bodypack Receivers, UR5 Portable DiversityWireless “diversity” receivers feature two separate antennas for consistent signal reception.Read moreGo to the glossary Receiver and ULXD1 bodypack transmitter.